Power BI Course Content
This course offers topic-based learning on maximizing the value of organizational data assets, data repositories and data processes, both on-premise and in the cloud using Power BI. This course covers topics used in the actual implementations in BI Industry, such as designing and building scalable data models, designing visualizations and reporting data insights. The learning materials, exercises and lab we provide would help you practice the Power BI capabilities you learn during the training.
Discover how to navigate this intuitive tool and get a firm understanding of Power BI’s data, model, and report in this Power BI training course module. You’ll learn to load multiple data sets, build a data model and create interactive visualization.
- Understanding the Power BI Tools
- Installing Power BI & Connecting to Data
- The "Locale" used in the curriculum
- Working with the query Editor
- Working with the data model and creating a visualization
This Power BI training module will help you understand what Power BI Desktop is, how it works, and apply the best practices to build robust data models and interactive reports to amplify your business intelligence.
- Overview of workflow in power bi desktop
- Introduction to different views of the data model
- Taking a closer look at the query editor interface
- Required Poer BI Settings
The Query Editor in Power BI lets you transform and load data, while DAX allows you to add functions and formulas to your data models. In this Power BI online course module, you’ll learn all things about Power Query and DAX from basic to advanced through hands-on labs and lectures.
- What is a query Editor?
- About the attached data
- Connecting Power BI Desktop to the data
- Editing Rows
- Understanding Append Queries
- Editing Columns
- Replacing Values
- Formatting Data
- Pivoting & Unpivoting Columns
- Splitting Columns
- Creating a new Group for the queries
- \Intro Star Schema
- Duplicating & Referencing Queries
- Entering Data Manually
- Merging Queries
- Creating an Index Column
- Duplicating Column and extracting info
- Creating Conditional Columns
- Performing Basic Mathematical Operations
- Improving Performance and Loading Data into Data Model
- Module Summary
Most of the Power BI Jobs in the industry expect the following add-on skills. Hence, we offer these skills-set as FREE Courses to ease your learning process and help you stay ahead of the competition.